The Transformations to Sustainability research programme is funded by thirteen NORFACE and Belmont Forum partners, as listed below, and the European Commission:
- Academy of Finland (AKA), Finland
- French National Research Agency (ANR), France
- Fund for Scientific Research (FNRS), Belgium – Wallonia and Brussels Federation
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Germany
- International Science Council (ISC): funds the participation of researchers from low- and lower-middle income countries, with the support of the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST), Japan
- National Science Foundation (NSF), United States
- Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO), the Netherlands
- Research Council of Norway (RCN), Norway
- Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO), Belgium – Flanders
- São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP), Brazil
- Swedish Research Council (VR), Sweden
- UK Research and Innovation – Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), United Kingdom
The European Commission is providing top-up funding to this research programme via an ERA-NET Cofund grant under grant agreement No 730211.
New Opportunities for Research Funding Agency Cooperation in Europe (NORFACE), launched in 2004, is a partnership of national research funding agencies in Europe dedicated to leading and developing opportunities for scientists in the area of social and behavioural sciences. NORFACE plays an important part in responding to the grand societal challenges by promoting research of the highest quality, sharing best practices among research funders and especially by making international collaboration between social scientists in Europe possible. NORFACE offers distinctive opportunities for researchers by developing common research funding instruments, thus opening new roads for facilitating and building high quality transnational networks of research collaboration in the area of social and behavioural science.
The Belmont Forum
The Belmont Forum, established in 2009, is a global partnership of funding organisations, international science councils and regional consortia committed to the advancement of interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary science. Its operations are guided by the Belmont Challenge, a vision document that encourages international transdisciplinary research providing knowledge for understanding, mitigating and adapting to global environmental change. Belmont Forum members and partner organisations work collaboratively to meet this Challenge by issuing international calls for proposals, committing to best practices for open data access, and providing transdisciplinary training.
T2S funding acknowledgements
Websites, publications and other forms of media communication from the funded research projects within the Belmont Forum and NORFACE research programme Transformations to Sustainability must acknowledge the funding support received from the programme’s funding bodies. Read more