This international academic symposium, held at the Institute of Development Studies in the UK, will explore the theme of uncertainty – the STEPS Centre’s theme for 2019.
Thinking across diverse domains – from finance, to climate, to migration, to disease, to innovation, to infrastructure, to security – this symposium will explore the diverse ways incertitude is understood and responded to (or not).
By catalysing and developing richer and more nuanced understandings of incertitude, the symposium aims to help enable more robust actions, strategies and governance for these uncertain times.
Plenary speakers include:
- Dean Curran, University of Calgary
- Sheila Jasanoff, Harvard Kennedy School
- Silvio Funtowicz, University of Bergen
- Gabe Mythen, University of Liverpool
- Dipak Gyawali, Nepal Academy of Science and Technology
- Brian Wynne, Emeritus Professor, University of Lancaster
- Joy Zhang, University of Kent
- Silke Beck, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research
- Melissa Leach, Institute of Development Studies
- Lyla Mehta, Institute of Development Studies
Follow the conference on Twitter: #PoliticsOfUncertainty