9 December 2020
16:00 GMT | 17:00 CET
This session will unpack what has happened to Just Transitions in the past 5 years since the Paris Agreement was adopted and explore whether and how narratives of Just Transition have changed in terms of their ambitions, inclusiveness and the issues they address.
Looking at more recent developments including the Covid-19 pandemic, the panelists will reflect on discussions around the value of different kinds of work and the potential of using moments of crisis and change as an opportunity to put economies on a different, fairer, low-carbon path.
- Anabella Rosemberg, International Programme Director, Greenpeace International
- Dinga Sikwebu, South African labour activist and researcher, National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa (NUMSA)
- Hadrian Mertins-Kirkwood, Senior Researcher, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
- Mijin Cha, Assistant Professor, Urban and Environmental Policy, Occidental College
- Dimitris Stevis, Professor of Politics, Colorado State University
If you have missed previous sessions, you can still find them via the UNRISD Youtube Channel. You can also follow the Just Transition Research Collaborative on Twitter @JTRC2018.