The Just Transition Research Collaborative (JTRC) is organizing a webinar series to discuss key issues in the current debates on just transition to low-carbon development. The series aims to bring together a combination of researchers, activists and policy makers to discuss both the equity and justice norms underlying different concepts of and approaches to Just Transitions.
Session 1: Framings and Design Politics of Just Transitions
Kicking off on 06 October at 16:00 CEST, the series will start with a discussion of different framings and the design politics of just transitions that shape current debates on low-carbon development and recovery from COVID. The session will bring together research on the role of labour and working people in demanding a just transition with a discussion of specific policy responses and proposals based on examples from Latin America. The webinar will showcase entry points and key questions that need to be tackled in order to advance justice in low-carbon transitions.
- Edouard Morena, University of London Institute in Paris
- Damian White, Rhode Island School of Design
- Ana Belén Sánchez, International Labour Organization
Discussant: Nora Räthzel, Umeå University
Moderator: Dunja Krause, UNRISD
Register via: https://www.unrisd.org/jtrc-webinar-intro
Subsequent sessions will zoom in on:
- just transition as a worker movement in global North and South
- gender and just transitions
- financing just transitions
- community-based action for just transitions
- just transition, power and politics.
You can also follow the JTRC on Twitter @JTRC2018.